Dare2Share 2021 – Date: TBD
There’s still a need for volunteers to deliver winter items to homeless encampments. The time will be determined by those who volunteer.
Contact Linn Crowell, email@example.com.
Please join us in praying that those who receive these gifts in the name of Christ will be transformed by the warmth of His love.
To express your interest please complete this form of your availability.
Interest form for serving Dare2Share 2020
What is Dare2Share?
Dare2Share is a clothing giveaway event, specifically intended to benefit our homeless and refugee neighbors in the Triad with necessary clothes for the winter months. Held in downtown Greensboro since 2012; we have served over 800 individuals who were mainly homeless and refugees. Once again participants will be able to shop for winter clothes, shoes, coats, blankets and sleeping bags. We will also provide free children’s books as this is an ongoing need among poor children.
The success of Dare2Share has been in large part due to the generous donations of individuals, organizations, churches and businesses in the Greensboro community. A sizable amount of donations is necessary to provide meaningful winter clothing to such a large number of participants.
So how can you help?
- Clean out your closet. Donate gently used winter clothes, shoes, coats, sleeping bags and blankets! All donations are tax deductible! Most needed items include:
- Men’s & kids coats
- Blankets, Sleeping Bags & the like
- Shoes (boots, sneakers, etc.)
- Men’s Clothing
- Kids Clothing
- Long Underwear
- Clean your kids’ bookcases and donate their surplus books.
- Tell your friends and neighbors. Offer to pick up their donations.
- Consider your sphere of influence. Ask your business, gym, club, daycare, school, apartment complex. . . if they would be willing to have a donation box for a week in September or October.
- Volunteer to sort clothes during I Dare You Week (the week preceding the event)
- Donate food to serve our guests on the day of the event.
- Volunteer on the shopping floor on the morning of the event or help clean up during the afternoon.
- Make a cash donation!
Tell us how you’d like to serve with Dare2Share and we’ll stay in touch with you!