Many teens point back to a retreat like this as a key moment in their faith journey. Why is that? Retreats offer a chance to get away from the busyness of life so we can better focus on our relationship with Jesus and each other.
Pray for our students
- Pray that we would have safety in our travel and that the van would be fine for the trip.
- Pray that our students would grow in their friendship with one another.
- Pray that the students’ relationship with the Lord would deepen.
- Finally, pray that God would use this weekend to further His work through our students here in Greensboro.
When are we leaving?
We will plan to leave the CCG parking lot by 5 on Friday night (02/15). We will stop on the way to Ridge Haven for food. Please plan to be at CCG by 4:30.
When are we getting back?
Due to President’s Day being a snow makeup day in Guilford County, we are returning on Sunday night. Our plan is to return no later than 5pm on Sunday night. We should be able to leave Ridge Haven by around 12:30 on Sunday.
How are we getting there?
The Childers have graciously allowed us to use their 15 passenger van for the trip. Logan will be driving to and from our retreat.
Who else is going?
Along with our students and me, Jermecca Massenburg has agreed to join us to hang out with our ladies!
What else do I need to know?
If you would like more info on Ridge Haven, go to their website, ridgehaven.org.
In the event of an emergency, contact Logan Spoon
What to bring:
- Clothes for Saturday and Sunday-including spare clothes that might be all right to get dirty during a game. There are no plans for anything messy, but if a game is active, you might get a little sweaty!
- Towels for showers
- Bedding – Ridge Haven will be providing beds, but not bedding (sheets, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, etc.).
- Notebook or journal for taking notes
- Pens or pencils
- Cell phone and charger
- Money for fast food on the way there, possibly on the way back, and any snack/gift shop money you might want.
- A helpful and willing attitude to get to know one another this weekend
- Signed Ridge Haven waiver by student and parent
- Signed transportation permission slip